Saturday, September 14, 2013

Making room for Riley

Living in Korea makes it a little difficult to set up a nursery because we have pretty limited options but we definitely made the most out of what we did have available to us. We still have quite a few things to do before Riley arrives but here is what we have done so far.


 When it came to getting the crib I had my heart set on getting one that could change from a crib, to a toddler bed, to a twin bed in a cherry wood color. We tried ordering one from our PX but they said it would arrive in 6 months or more. Being 5 months pregnant at the time, we decided not to go with that idea. As we were leaving, Lance suggested we go look at the cribs they had in stock. The selection they had to choose from was a white crib and really dark brown wood color, none of which could change into different bed sizes. I was just going to settle and pick one when Lance found a box hiding way in the back with the exact crib I was hoping to get. Same color and model that could change sizes. I was thankful that Lance decided to go hunting through all of the boxes because this was the last crib they had left of this color and model. The PX didn't even have it registered in their inventory so I feel we got extremely lucky with this one :) We bought it right on the spot, took it home, and set it up. Thank you again, Lance!

Gizmo & Gadget wanted to help set up the crib (More like they just wanted to get in the way.)


 


                                      We were both really happy with the way it turned out :)

A few days after we got the crib all set up we recived a package in the mail which had a beautiful baby blanket that Noelle made for Riley. I may have screamed and jumped up and down a little when I opened it. We absolutely LOVE it! We also got a giraffe security blanket from mom which I was also very excited about because I had been searching EVERYWHERE for a giraffe security blanket but all I could find were dogs and monkeys. These gifts were absolutely amazing and perfect in every way. Thank you :) 

So here are some pictures of what the nursery looks like so far. Like I said, we stil have quite a few more things to buy for Riley but everything is coming together pretty well.  
 
 




 




  Lance and I are really happy with the way everything is turning out so far but we still have so much left to do! Riley is due December 10 and the time is just flying by but I am sure we will have everything ready for her by the time she gets here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment